Today’s awesome tutorial comes from Everything Etsy, where we are making personalized initial felt notebooks. They are too darling to pass up! I have not made one of my own yet, but it’s on my list as Christmas gifts to my family. I think ones covered in darker colors (black and gray, dark brown and tan, etc) would be fitting for the guys. Pair it with a nice pen for the adults and colorful pencils or crayons for the kids and you have a perfect little gift for everyone!
- Wool Felt
- Embroidery Floss
- Stick Pins
- Sharp Scissors
- Glue Stick
- Printed Initial
1. Trace around your notebook on a piece of paper, cut it out and use it for your template.
2. For the initial I found a font that I liked online and printed out the letter. Then I used the copier to enlarge it to the right size. You could easily size it before printing if you prefer.
3. Pin the notebook template and the initial to the wool felt and cut them out carefully.
4. Line up your initial in the bottom corner of your template and attach it with two strands of matching embroidery floss and the stitch of your choice.
5. Once you have completely attached the initial it’s time to glue your cover to your notebook. Most scrapbooking glue sticks should be strong enough to work just fine.
Start at the front edge of the notebook and line up your cover. Be sure to lightly glue the whole edge and attach with pressure. Slowly add more glue and work your way all the way to the back of the notebook. It will stretch slightly as you go but don’t worry.
6. Once you are finished with the glue just trim around the whole notebook. Then trim again to straighten the few uneven spots you’ll have left. Sharp scissors make it easier!
There you have it! A simple project for a rainy afternoon that makes great gifts for friends, teachers, neighbors, family…the possibilities are endless with the right combination of felt colors and notebook sizes. Happy note taking!